Friday, April 9, 2010

I got my seedlings started for my upside down tomato plant. The whole container is filled with soil. At the top(well, the current top of the container) each of the three holes has three sets of seeds planted. Once they get growing, I'm supposed to select the best plant from each hole, and remove the others. I'm supposed to wait until the plants get four inches high, then flip the whole thing over and hang it upside down. The container has openings for watering after I flip it over(they're on the bottom now). The kit also came with a chain for me to hang it with. I still need to attach a hook to my patio fence for it. I might have to come up with a creative way of keeping it watered if I'm away for a few days. I'll have a normal upright tomato plant growing as a backup. Depending on the condition of the extra tomato plants that don't make the cut to stay in this upside down container, I may also try to transplant them into a different container.

No comments:

Post a Comment