Sunday, May 8, 2011

No more work yet on vegetables. I'm still collecting the materials for self watering containers. I hope to have those done soon so I can get a tomato plant in the dirt.

I did provide about an hour of entertainment for the cats last Friday after I went out to get some flowers for hanging baskets. We have a shepherds pole out front with two hooks on it. I had already acquired the hanging baskets, which were designed from the start to be self watering, and come with a reservoir built in to the bottom of the pot. For the baskets, I got Safari Red Marigolds, and Celosia(Ice Cream Mix). It was a struggle to find plants I liked that could take the sun that the baskets will be subjected to. I also got a Variegated Vinca Vine for one plant, and some other kind of ivy vine for the other. I had some left over Black Seeded Simpson lettuce seeds from last year, and planted a few in each basket. I'm not necessarily planning on eating it, but hope it will grow fast to provide some filler until the other plants get bigger. I had one leftover Marigold and a few Celosias, so I planted them in a pot that the fiancée already had sitting out back. The cats were very curious about what I doing digging around in the dirt. I'm sure they were also wondering what the plants taste like.

No comments:

Post a Comment