Thursday, June 30, 2011

We've had a Marigold and Petunia explosion out in front of our place. We've been getting a decent amount of rain, and haven't needed to do much watering. The flowers we planted in early May are doing well. Due to the amount of rain we got, the shepherd's hook that the hanging baskets were on started to lean. I had to move it and drive it deeper into the ground once the soil dried out. As you can see from the picture's above and below, the Petunia's are taking over. They're eating the Marigolds and climbing up the bushes. In the center of the picture above, you may also notice the single white Lily that came up out of nowhere. It must be a remnant from previous year's plantings. Our neighbors(the good ones on the North side of us), spread some mulch out in front of their place, and extended it over to ours. It's sort of a mutual flower bed. The flowers we planted extended out into their bed.

In the back, my container garden is making progress. I think some of the seeds got washed out of my upside down tomato container. I planted three seeds in each of the three holes, but only got three plants growing out of one hole, and none in the others. I did a transplant and moved each of the three sprouts to it's own hole. They're not growing fast, but I'm not expecting this thing to do much of anything productive. It was a failure last year.

Our Meyer Lemon Tree is enjoying the outdoors. It even has a few new flowers growing on it.

The Gypsy Pepper plant is doing well, and producing a few peppers. I need to find out when I can pick them.

The charlie brown tomato plant is also doing well. It's just growing for now, and isn't working on producing tomatoes yet.

The Celosia is looking nice. Note the Black Seeded Simpson lettuce growing between the plants. I'm not planning to eat this. It was really just to fill the space and add some more green to the container.

No comments:

Post a Comment