Saturday, July 28, 2012

I'm starting to think that my tomato plant is a cherry tomato. If you recall from a previous post, the plant's origin was in question. Given how close some of the tomatoes appear to be, and the fact that the older tomatoes on the plant don't seem to be growing very big, it looks to me like they'll be cherry tomatoes.
I did have to pinch the top branches to stop the plant from growing well beyond it's cage.  I'm hoping it will fill out more on the bottom now.  In the picture below, the tomato plant is in the big pot, with sage growing in the smaller pot, and a small rosemary plant growing in the ground in front of the sage.  The herbs were tenacious transplants from the condo and survived last winter outside.
The tomato plant is hard to see in the reduced size of the picture due to the green of the bushes behind it.  Recent rains are having a noticeable effect on the yard.  I'm probably going to go mow it tomorrow or Monday. 

DC took the opportunity to survey the patio area from the back door before I came back inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment