Monday, July 9, 2012

That last round of rain we had didn't last long. We've gone back to days upon days of hot temperatures and blue skies. At least we're getting a break from the high temperatures this week. It's taking its toll on our River Birch trees out back. The former owners of this house left us a note, which included the advice that the trees needed to be watered or else all the leaves would fall off. We've watered them a few times before, and I guess the recent rain wasn't enough for them. It looks like fall outside.
This morning I set up the sprinkler again to water the River Birches and shrubs around the patio. I'll likely have to do it again soon.

While I was out there, I took a look at the tomato plant. It started flowering, and I even have my first tomato growing.
The tomato plant now rises a foot above it's cage. I'm going to have to start considering new caging options if it continues to grow like this, or else chop off the top branches. Maybe that playground in the back yard will come in handy after all. I'm already picturing rigging up the other(larger) cage I have on top of the existing one. . . maybe hanging from the beam that has the swings attached?

No comments:

Post a Comment