Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Newspaper Pots

Last year I purchased some tomato seeds at the local home and garden show, but due the circumstances moving out of our condo and into our current home, I never got a chance to plant them.  I am this year though.  A few weeks ago I decided to make my own starter pots using old newspaper. I got the idea from various websites and youtube videos I had seen in the past, like this one(LINK).  The newspaper pots are similar to those biodegradable pots some plants are sold in now.
The idea is that they break down over time, and you can actually put the plant in the ground while it's still in the pot.  The tomato seeds went in soon after, and then the pots went into some desk drawer dividers that I re-purposed into trays.  I had the newspaper laying around already(lots of it available at work), so this pot project cost me $0.  The pots and seeds are now happily sunning themselves in a bright window, with a long mirror positioned on the window ledge to reflect and amplify the light. 

No comments:

Post a Comment