Tuesday, May 4, 2010

My tomato plant is steadily getting bigger, but it decided to bolt. We might have gotten a little frost one morning while I was away recently, then the weather warmed up again. Don't know if that had anything to do with it or not, but I decided to pinch off the buds to let the plant get a little bigger.

My upside down tomatoes also grew while I was away. I'm giving them some time outside while the weather is nice. I'm thinking that by the end of the week I'll reduce them down to one plant per hole, then hang the thing up.The line of storms that moved through the area over the past couple days didn't bring that much rain according to my rain gauge. It was just under half an inch, but some of it may have evaporated before I had a chance to look at it. The rain did fill up the reservoirs in my containers again, so I shouldn't have to worry about watering them for a few more days. So far they're working like they should, and the soil is staying moist.

No comments:

Post a Comment