Saturday, July 3, 2010

It's been a while since I last posted anything here, but I decided to let some growth take place. My green pepper plant has two nice looking peppers on it, and several smaller ones on the way. The plant itself is a little over two feet tall, growing out of the utility bucket I converted into a self watering container. Seems to be working pretty well.

The largest of my tomatoes is ripening, and there are many more that will be following it. I think I may have to end up giving some of them away.

My cucumbers that were spreading and attacking other plants became too much of a nuisance to leave in their old location. I moved the container away from the others, and did some other rearranging on the patio. I tacked some chicken wire to the fence, and spread some of the wandering vines across it. A little less than two weeks later, I have this nice looking cucumber that needs saved from the wire.

As another method of restraining the nomadic cucumber vines, I put an upside down tomato cage on top of the soil in the cucumber container. I wound the vines that were growing away from the fence and chicken wire up into the cage, and for now they seem to be staying put. I also have a few more cucumbers growing up there.

In one of my window boxes(that's down on the ground) there are some radishes that will probably be ready to eat soon. I need to plant some more. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment